[GospelWeb.net Globe]
The Gospel 24/7
The Sinful City
Author Unknown
Follow Book & Flag

A minister prayed to God in turmoil over the sinful state of his city, "Lord, most of the people in the city have no interest in following you. And the rest of us are having a hard time holding on!"

God heard the prayer and sent down an angel to investigate the claim. Later the angel reported back that, indeed, things were much worse than the minister indicated. 99% of the city was more sinful than Sodom and Gomorrah, and the remaining faithful 1% were struggling.

God considered what to do for those who were staying true to the faith. Finally God decided to send a letter of encouragement to the faithful few.

And do you know what the letter said?

Oh, I'm sorry. Would you like to read my copy?

Go To Illustrations Index 1

Go To Liberty Index #1

Go To Culture War Index

Go To Free E-books Index

Go to Spurgeon Sermons Index

Go to Church Humor Index

Go To General Humor Index

Go To Southern, Texas, Yankee Joke Index