WALK AS CHILDREN OF LIGHT - 3
"Walk as children of light.", Ephesians 5:8.
This time we will consider the matter of the "walk" which is called for in the
text above. Eph.2:2 speaks of the saved ones who ". . . time past ye walked according
to the course of this world....". Now, they are counselled to walk in another course:
"as children of light" Eph. 5:8.
How are the "children of light" supposed to walk? There are far to many areas for me
to list here, but lets see a few:
(1) in family life, Eph. 6:1-4.
(2) in management & labor relationships, See Eph. 6:5-9.
(3) in domestic relationships, Eph. 5:21-28, 31, 33.
(4) to walk honestly, Romans 13:13; I Thess. 4:12; Hebrews 13:18; & 1 Timothy 2:2.
(5) in fellowship with the saints, Philippians 2:1-4.
(6) telling your salvation by revealing it in your life's activities, Philippians 2:12-16.
(7) one of great importance is to "preach the word", 2 Timothy 4:2.
Of course there are many more. Our "walk" is our 'doing'. Doing what our Master bid.
When He said this in Luke 19:13; He was saying: 'never give up' - - - and 'I am coming
again. (the single quote (') means I have paraphrased that enclosed).
Peter gives counsel in his first epistle, verses 4:1-11.
(A) vs 1 gives the kind of mind to have.
(B) vs 2 tells us what goal to have.
(C) vs 7 tells us two things to heed.
(D) vs 8 tells us to love.
(E) vs 9 urges us to hospitality.
(F) vs 11 tells us to speak: 'Thus sayeth the Lord'. Also, to tell in the Lord's
strength. In all to bring glory to our Saviour, Jesus the Christ. Oh, what a challenge
it is to our "walk". DDH.
Back To Don Heberly Index 2